January 5 2018
Revisiting what experts have said over the years on the topic of investing cannot be overemphasized. Buffett has made the point that you don't have to be a genius to be a good investor, but there is a lot of hard work and due diligence involved. Please take cognisance that!
The words of successful traders and investors not only give us inspiration but also guide us on how to be on the right path and avoid investment mistakes.
Though they might be volatility in the market, good investing quote is undying. Below are 10 of the most insightful and useful concise quotes about investing.
1. "Behind every stock is a company. Find out what it's doing." - Peter Lynch.
2. "The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator." - Benjamin Graham
3. "If investing is entertaining, if you're having fun, you're probably not making any money. Good investing is boring." - George Soros
4. "Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market." - Warren Buffet
5. "Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing." - Warren Buffet
6. "Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth." - Paul Clitheroe
7. "I'm only rich because I know when I'm wrong...I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes." - George Soros
8. Everyone has the brainpower to follow the stock market. If you made it through fifth-grade math, you can do it." - Peter Lynch.
9. Be quick in cutting your loses but not profits - Abhishek Shukla
10. "I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. - Warren Buffett